By now you know that using natural, GMO-free Greek ingredients in recipes is a healthier alternative. Every meal you prepare using Greek ingredients is packed with energy! Because using organic Greek ingredients is trending here in the U.S. more of us are exploring recipes. Here are three delightful recipes using traditional Greek ingredients!
Olive Oil Oatmeal with Honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. raw, organic Arbutus honey
- 2 Tbs. organic extra-virgin olive oil
DIRECTIONS: In a small mixing cup, blend olive oil and honey. Bring water and salt to a boil. Add oats, milk, and cinnamon. Simmer on low heat, uncovered about 5 minutes. Drizzle with honey/olive oil mixture. Makes 2 servings.
Greek Herb Burgers
- 1 Tbsp. organic tahini
- 2 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Italian eggplant
- 3 Tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ med. onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped, fresh mint or 1 Tbsp. dried
- ½ cup chopped, fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp. dried
- ½ cup fresh, chopped dill or 1 Tbsp. dried plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 pieces Bibb or Boston lettuce, separated into presentation size
- Lemon wedges
DIRECTIONS: Whisk tahini, ½ tsp. lemon juice, garlic powder and 2 Tbsp. water. Set aside. Cut eggplant into ¼-inch rounds. Brush with 2 Tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill 5 min, flip, then grill 3 min. Set aside but keep warm.
In a large bowl, combine 1 lb. ground beef with onion, mint, parsley, dill, minced garlic, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil, and ½ tsp. salt. Form into 4-5 patties. Sprinkle both sides with ¼ tsp. salt and grill 10 minutes, flipping once for medium doneness. Place an equal amount of grilled eggplant on 2 pieces lettuce. Drizzle with tahini mixture and garnish with chopped dill. Serve with lemon wedges. Serves 4-5.
The Divine Taste of Greece Appetizer
- Daktyla, ciabatta, or French baguettes or loaves
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil with white truffle
- 1 cup raw, organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of roasted garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. organic dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. organic wild thyme
- ½ tsp. cayenne or white pepper
- Black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Break daktyla or ciabatta bread into chunks for dipping.
Using a garlic press to mince, add your roasted head of garlic to 1 cup of raw, organic extra-virgin olive oil. Add herbs and seasonings and let the mixture rest for ½ hour before serving.
ROASTED GARLIC: You can do this 3-4 days ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use: Preheat oven to 400°. Slice a bit off the top of your garlic heads to expose the cloves. Rub with 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil with white truffle and wrap individually in foil. Roast for about an hour.
Traditional Mediterranean Meals for Better Health Today