Thyme Honey from Lasithi Crete
The Cretan honey SMARI is a 100% natural honey, of high nutritional value, which reaches your table exactly as nature provides it. It is a product that offers long life and wellness. It is excellent thyme honey from the broader region of Lasithi. It is perfectly natural, unique in the world, because of the uniqueness of the regions it is produced, which are blossomed with indigenous flora. Crete is known for its unique and rich eco-system an element that renders these jars of honey special and with unmet quality.
Color: Thyme honey has a particular light amber color.
Scent - Taste: The SMARI THYME honey has a unique taste and a distinctive scent. Sometimes it gives a burning sensation to the mouth due to the high density of fructose.
Nutritional Value & Beneficiary Properties: Thyme honey is known to have rigorous and anti-septic, anti-microbial, and anti-fungus properties. Studies have also shown it helps reduce the risk of prostate, breast, and endometrial cancer, due to its polyphenols and phenolic acids.
Crystallization: Thyme honey crystallizes in a span of time between 6 to 18 months but can be restored to an edible liquid form when heated mildly before use.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THYME HONEY
- Immunomodulating effects, as thyme honey is rich in vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A
- Might help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, a recent animal study found that thymus vulgaris extract was able to greatly reduce the heart rate of subjects with high blood pressure plus the extract was also shown to reduce cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL levels while increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
- Great source of minerals such as copper, fiber, iron, and manganese
- Antioxidant properties, as it contains a variety of flavonoids — including apigenin, naringenin, luteolin and thymonin
- Antimicrobial & antifungus properties
- Cough relieving and expectorant effects - a combination of thyme and ivy leaves might help alleviate cough and acute bronchitis
- Energizing & Mood enhancing properties due to carvacrol ingredient proven to help neuron activity
Honey is the healthiest food to start your day with. Spread over fresh bread or toast, or enjoy over your cereal breakfast or even add in smoothies and blends with fruit and nuts. Ideal sweetener for coffee, tea and any other beverage of your choice.
Thyme honey is considered to have tonic and antiseptic properties.