Natural Pine Honey from Ierapetra Crete
A rare quality and unique purity Honey, collected from the pine forests located in the mountains of Kalamafka Ierapetra.
This region accounts for about 65% of total honey production in Greece and comes from the honeycomb secretions of Marchalina hellenica (known as "Cotton", "Ergatis") when it breeds in Aleppo and Trachea pine.
Color: The pineapple is darker than thyme. What is produced in spring is lighter and clearer than that produced in autumn.
Aroma - Flavor: Special aroma with rich texture. Due to the low sugar concentration, it is not too sweet.
Crystallization: Due to the low natural glucose content of the pine, its
crystallization is quite slow. This type of honey crystallizes after 24 months and can be restored to an edible liquid form when heated mildly before use.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINE HONEY>
1) Excellent antioxidant source, it is a rich source of polyphenolic antioxidants, notably flavonoids known to protect against the harmful action of free radicals and exert anti-inflammatory effects.
May help prevent cell damage caused by oxidative stress that can encourage the development of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc.
2) Good source of vitamins and minerals - usually found in trace amounts, vitamins and minerals are present in honey, adding to its health benefits, containing dietary minerals such as potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and zinc
3) Rich in oligosaccharides, natural sugar-based compounds with digestive benefits, with a probiotic action, supporting healthy gut flora
4) Energizing and anti-hypoglycemic properties, as it contains natural sugars, primarily fructose and glucose. These sugars are absorbed quickly by the body and provide instant energy
5) Has antiseptic properties mainly due to the 3 following factors: an enzyme from bees called glucose oxidase, its lower acidic pH and the low moisture content of the honey
Bees secrete glucose oxidase, which is an enzyme that helps synthesize hydrogen peroxide from glucose. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural disinfectant and immune-modulating molecule.
Moreover, the acidic pH of pine honey (4.6 to 4.8) further contributes to its antimicrobial effects.
Lastly, the low moisture content inhibits bacteria growth, adding to the antibacterial action of the variety.
6) Great for fighting a sore throat and respiratory infections.
Pine honey is helpful for respiratory tract infections because of its antimicrobial action.
It can also assist with calming your cough and promoting phlegm expectoration
7) Effective against Candida - Due to its hydrogen peroxide content, honey can very efficiently restrict Candida's growth, but it is mandatory to consult with a medical professional first.
8) Used for chronic skin conditions as it is widely used externally for acne treatment in the form of face masks.
It is said to improve pore and overall skin appearance, closing pores, and giving skin a healthy glow. Honey in general, has visible benefits on skin health, both detoxifying the skin and releasing a lasting firming effect for a more youthful and fresh appearance.
9) Crystallizes slowly as the fructose content in honey is higher than the glucose content
100% Cretan Raw Pine Honey
Honey is the healthiest food to start your day with. Spread over fresh bread or toast, or enjoy over your cereal breakfast or even add in smoothies and blends with fruit and nuts. Ideal sweetener for coffee, tea and any other beverage of your choice.
The high nutritional value of pine honey is due to a large number of different substances that coexist in its composition. Special attention is given to the trace elements, which are found in large concentrations in the Greek pine trees.
Pine honey has antiseptic action, stimulates several body functions and boosts your immune system.