Raw Organic Thyme & Pine Mix Honey
Si-Mel's “TOPLOU” Gold Thyme & Pine Honey is an organic farming product and is a splendid combination of ingredients such as thyme, pine, and wild aromatics plants. It is collected from the coastal region of Toplou Monastery in Sitia and the Selakano Pine forest both characterized as “Natura 2000” environmentally protected αreas by the EU. This natural mix offers combined health and immune-boosting benefits enhanced by the diversity and uniqueness of Crete's eco-system. The richest in all of the Mediterranean right here at GreekBioStore.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINE & THYME HONEY
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THYME HONEY>
1) Immunomodulating effects, as thyme honey is rich in vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A
2) Might help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, a recent animal study found that thymus vulgaris extract was able to greatly reduce the heart rate of subjects with high blood pressure plus the extract was also shown to reduce cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL levels while increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
3) Great source of minerals such as copper, fiber, iron, and manganese
4) Antioxidant properties, as it contains a variety of flavonoids — including apigenin, naringenin, luteolin and thymonin
5) Antimicrobial & antifungus properties
6) Cough relieving and expectorant effects - a combination of thyme and ivy leaves might help alleviate cough and acute bronchitis
7) Energizing & Mood enhancing properties due to carvacrol ingredient proven to help neuron activity
8) Thyme honey has a medium crystallization time, usually after a few months following harvest, and forms small to medium, fine crystals. Its color also changes and becomes lighter after 6-9 months of shelf life.
Nevertheless, our raw, unprocessed, unfiltered honey is the healthiest option for you, because it preserves all its beneficial compounds unaltered and has a 3-5 year minimum storage life when stored in dry and cool places.
It is also used broadly utilized for DIY beauty and medicinal homemade crafts.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINE HONEY>
1) Excellent antioxidant source, it is a rich source of polyphenolic antioxidants, notably flavonoids known to protect against the harmful action of free radicals and exert anti-inflammatory effects.
May help prevent cell damage caused by oxidative stress that can encourage the development of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc.
2) Good source of vitamins and minerals - usually found in trace amounts, vitamins and minerals are present in honey, adding to its health benefits, containing dietary minerals such as potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and zinc
3) Rich in oligosaccharides, natural sugar-based compounds with digestive benefits, with a probiotic action, supporting healthy gut flora
4) Energizing and anti-hypoglycemic properties, as it contains natural sugars, primarily fructose and glucose. These sugars are absorbed quickly by the body and provide instant energy
5) Has antiseptic properties mainly due to the 3 following factors: an enzyme from bees called glucose oxidase, its lower acidic pH and the low moisture content of the honey
Bees secrete glucose oxidase, which is an enzyme that helps synthesize hydrogen peroxide from glucose. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural disinfectant and immune-modulating molecule.
Moreover, the acidic pH of pine honey (4.6 to 4.8) further contributes to its antimicrobial effects.
Lastly, the low moisture content inhibits bacteria growth, adding to the antibacterial action of the variety.
6) Great for fighting a sore throat and respiratory infections.
Pine honey is helpful for respiratory tract infections because of its antimicrobial action.
It can also assist with calming your cough and promoting phlegm expectoration
7) Effective against Candida - Due to its hydrogen peroxide content, honey can very efficiently restrict Candida's growth, but it is mandatory to consult with a medical professional first.
8) Used for chronic skin conditions as it is widely used externally for acne treatment in the form of face masks.
It is said to improve pore and overall skin appearance, closing pores, and giving skin a healthy glow. Greek honey in general has visible benefits on skin health, both detoxifying the skin and releasing a lasting firming effect for a more youthful and fresh appearance.
9) Crystallizes slowly as the fructose content in honey is higher than the glucose content
100% Greek organic Thyme and Pine honey
Drizzle it on bread, rusks, biscuits, cereals, yogurt & fruit. Swirl it into your juices. teas, coffee & smoothies. Get creative with your dressings and marinades. Our certified organic honey, without GMO, additives or preservatives is the perfect sweet addition for a healthy diet.
Store upright in a cool shelve and far away from sunlight.
Honey crystallization might occur after 12 months and in lower temperatures, which is the norm for raw and pure honey. In order to restore to liquid form place jar in mild-warm water for few minutes.
Safe Handling Instructions:
Do Not feed honey to children under one (1) year of age.
Do not refrigerate. Do not microwave in this container.