Authentic Greek Natural Products
Gorgeous Greek vinegars and olive oils packed with vitality
Some sectors highlight a heritage that stretches back for generations, but the authentic natural Greek products you'll find here can trace their roots back for thousands of years.
The very establishment of Athens is inextricably linked to the Goddess Athena and her gift of an olive tree to its citizens - and in the countless generations since then, Greek artisan farmers and producers have held a deep reverence for the soil that nurtures their crops.
From organic natural olive oils to vibrant vinegars full of taste and vitality, every product you’ll find on these pages is instilled with pride, passion and symbiotic production principles - as well as the natural ingredients that taste divine and deliver all manner of therapeutic benefits.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$19.00
- Sitia PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil Elasion$11.90
- AEONS Red Wine Vinegar from Pteleos in Thessaly Aeons$7.90
- AEONS Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$11.90
- AEONS Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$8.90
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$10.00
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$12.00
Taste and health benefits of natural red wine & balsamic vinegars
Vinegar is used in many cuisine traditions for its preservative properties and taste (both as a cooking ingredient and tabletop condiment) but the natural, authentic red wine and balsamic vinegars you’ll find in our collection have particular health-giving properties. Here are a few fascinating facts:
- Red wine vinegar has a tangy, slightly fruity flavour and it’s often aged to reduce the intensity of its taste notes before bottling. It’s versatile enough to be used as a garnish for soups, as a key ingredient for marinades, or simply to drizzle over a salad to add a little zing.
- The acetic acid in red wine vinegar may help to lower blood sugar levels because it slows the rate of carbohydrate digestion and increases the absorption of sugar, thus meaning there’s less glucose in the blood.
- Red wine vinegar boosts the antioxidants that combat skin damage and bacterial infections. Studies have shown that it contains the antioxidant resveratrol, which might fight diseases like skin cancer.
- The acetic acid in red wine vinegar reduces fat storage, increases fat burning and suppresses your appetite, thus contributing to weight loss.
- Rich, smoky and full-bodied, balsamic vinegar adds a dynamic flavour dimension to glazes and reductions on dishes like ribs and salmon, turns a simple salad into a filling meal with its terrific texture and beautifully complements fruits like strawberries.
- The antioxidants in balsamic vinegar lower cholesterol by targeting toxic ‘scavenger cells’ that cause cholesterol to rise, so adding a splash to your plate might help prevent clogged arteries.
- The acetic acid in balsamic vinegar aids healthy digestion because it contains strains of probiotic bacteria.
- Because it’s anti-glycemic, balsamic vinegar is diabetes-friendly and helps prevent the blood sugar spikes that occur after eating.