Oils & Vinegars
Organic Pure Greek Olive Oils and Vinegars
Therapeutic products - always from authentic time-tested sources
In Greece we’ve been honing olive oil production to perfection since 3500BC - so we’ve got rather good at it.
According to legend, the city state of Athens was named after the Goddess Athena because her gift of an olive tree to the citizens symbolized physical nourishment and good fortune, while there’s historical evidence that the first olive groves were planted in Crete in early Minoan times.
For Greeks, the olive is a gift from the gods rather than a mere foodstuff and over countless generations this ‘liquid gold’ has been refined and developed in dynamic ways for applications in external hair and beauty treatments as well as remaining an indispensable dietary staple.
- Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Eulogia of Sparta$24.90
- Sitia PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil Elasion$11.90
- AEONS Exclusive Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$12.90
- Limited Reserve Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Eulogia of Sparta$39.90Out of stockOut of stock
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with White Truffle Eulogia of Sparta$39.90
- AEONS Red Wine Vinegar from Pteleos in Thessaly Aeons$7.90
- AEONS Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$11.90
- Organic Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil from Sparta Eulogia of Sparta$14.90
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$10.00
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete Elasion$16.90
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete Elasion$13.90
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$12.00
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Orange Ladi Biosas$14.90Out of stockOut of stock
- AEONS Exclusive Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$9.90
- AEONS Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aeons$8.90
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Crete - Low Acidity < 0.3 Elasion$19.00
- My Greek Taverna Cook book$29.90
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon Ladi Biosas$14.90Out of stockOut of stock
- Organic Fig Syrup "Sykomelo" ASKADA Farm$14.90Out of stockOut of stock
Quality olive oil at every stage of production
The olives you’ll find in our organic Greek virgin olive oils are farm-fresh, harvested straight from the tree and no more than 24 hours passes between transportation and the pressing process. They’re cold-pressed by mechanical means with no heat or chemicals used to extract the oil, and the acidity is typically low, at 0.8% or less. While taste varies according to region, this stringent quality control process means terrific quality is standard across the board.
Distinguished provenance - region by region
In locations all across the Greek mainland and islands, Greek Bio Store sources unique and unusual olive oil and vinegar varieties of the highest quality so that we can share our carefully curated collection with customers all around the world.
Just like fine wines from different terrains tantalize your taste buds in discrete ways, Greek olive oils from diverse areas have taste notes and nutritional qualities as uncommon as individual snowflakes. Here’s just a taster of the quintessential qualities from a few famous regions:
- The heartland of the Peloponnese lands in Sparta, Lakonia is a wellspring of athenolia olives which have been lauded for their medicinal qualities for eons and are rich in polyphenols that have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer qualities. Organic oils from this variety taste sublime too and can be used raw on salads and seafood as well as for cooking and baking.
- Agios Nikolaos in Crete is the motherlode for koroneiki olives, which are another polyphenol-rich strain known to protect blood lipids from oxidative stress, reduce the build up of cholesterol and lessen the likeliness of the development of conditions such as diabetes. The acidity of olive oils from this region is ultra-low, at 0.2% to 0.4%, and the delicate yet delicious flavor balances a medium pungency with a peppery flourish.