Delicious Greek Natural Jams
Nutrient-rich Greek preserves jam-packed with flavor
Jam has a certain je ne sais quoi.
Bite into a scone or slice of toast spread with your favourite preserve in the depths of midwinter and you’re instantly transported back to hazy summer days during the sweetest times of your life. If you’re yearning for more of these magical ‘Madeleine moments’ in your life, the good news is that Greek Bio Store stocks a superb range of amazing Greek artisanal jams and preserves lovingly created by farmers who specialize in beautiful small-batch products.
Packed with a high percentage of fruit and various health-enhancing properties, our jams taste terrific and boost the wellbeing of every member of your family.
Whether you prefer strawberry, apricot jam or anything else, we’ve got you (and your croissants) covered.
- Organic sundried Figs from Kymi ASKADA Farm$8.90
- Aronia Berry Beetroot Spread Berryland$9.00
- Aronia Berry & Sesame Jam Berryland$9.00
- Vanilla Spoonsweet with Blueberry (Aronia) Berryland$8.00
- Apricot & Sea Buckthorn (Hippophaes) Jam Berryland$9.00
- Vanilla Spoon-sweet with Aronia Berry, Rose Pepper & Mint Berryland$8.00
- Aronia Green Apple & Matcha Tea Jam Berryland$9.00
- Organic Fig Spread from Kymi ASKADA Farm$9.00
- Strawberry & Aronia berry Jam Berryland$9.00
Greek jam - a taste of history in a jar
The jam in your jar has a long history that stretches from the Mediterranean of antiquity to the modern kitchen table via many fascinating twists and turns, so high-quality natural Greek jam is upholding a fine tradition just like Greek honey and Greek olive oils.
The first jam recipe is mentioned in ‘De Re Coquinaria’, a 1st Century AD cookbook, then during the Middle Ages crusading warriors brough back exotic varieties from the Middle East, while Louis XIV demanded that a selection of jams from his expansive fruit gardens at Versailles was served at the end of every meal. Furthermore, legend has it that marmalade was invented to cure Mary Queen of Scots of seasickness- French was the court language and the name is allegedly an adaptation of ‘Marie est malade’.
Natural Greek jams full of taste and vitality
Greek preserves have a fusion of fresh fruit and excellent therapeutic qualities ̶ this is jam, but not as you know it!
Here are a couple of examples to temp your taste buds:
- Apricot & sea buckthorn jam - sourced from the Attica peninsula, this rich jam is full of antioxidants, vitamins and natural fibers, with a lovely lip-smacking texture you won’t forget. The apricot base is enhanced by sea buckthorn, a high-altitude shrub found in the Himalayas which can protect against diabetes, ulcers, and dermatological conditions.
- Strawberry & aronia berry jam - the mix of strawberries and aronia berries is delectable, but the therapeutic benefits of this fruit combination is fantastic too, because this jam is full of iron, magnesium, zinc, Vitamins C,B and K and can improve circulation, cognitive function and protect against skin ageing.