AEONS Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
AEONS Blend produced from the acclaimed Amfissis and Koroneiki olive varieties and embodying toil and dedication of the people producing it. A deep yet bright green color and a fruity, bittersweet taste coexist with the distinctive aroma of freshly-cut olives. Produced from our local farmers and century-old olive groves, with abundant quality and expertise, in delivering the finest olive oil of the highest nutritional value.
WHAT ARE PHENOLS?
The olive fruit contains a specific type of chemical compounds called phenols or phenolic compounds.
Phenols belong to the hydroxyl group (—OH) bonded directly to an aromatic hydrocarbon group, combining a unique chemical structure.
When a phenolic compound forms a larger, repetitive chain then it becomes a polyphenol.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HIGH POLYPHENOL OLIVE OIL
- Helps brain function > Polyphenols have shown to be beneficial in the fight and prevention of several neurodegenerative disorders, as they limit oxidation of lipids
reducing the formation of plaques which travel through our blood system and cause blockages or reduced blood flow in our brains
- Aids with digestions > Olive Oil's fatty acids have been studied to be completely digested by the body, hence Greeks have been using it as a natural remedy as far back as Ancient Greece.
It helps in all stages of the digestive system from reducing reflux to improving digestion in the large intestine
- Promotes heart wellness > Olive Oil helps maintain good levels of cholesterol by being a good source of HDL “good” Cholesterol.
The Polyphenols limit the oxidation of LDL “bad” Cholesterol which causes plaques. Plaque limits and sometimes blocks the flow of blood to our Heart, causing heart attacks amongst other things
- May prevent cancer > Various recent studies have shown olive oil high in Polyphenols, delivers a protective effect against certain malignant tumors (breast, prostate, endometrium, digestive tract, and more).
Olive oils with higher polyphenols yielded better resulτs in the studies than other types and/or categories.
- Stronger anti-microbial properties > Recent studies in Italy have shown that the olive oils with a higher concentration of polyphenols, yield great anti-microbial properties than similar
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties > These properties are a consequence of oleocanthal and oleuropein polyphenols
POLYPHENOLS IN OLIVE OIL
Oleacein is one of the most abundant polyphenols in extra virgin olive oil. Again, this phenolic compound has been linked to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, and antimicrobial activity.
Additionally, it has been found to decrease the progression of atherosclerosis.
100% dual blend of Amfissis and Koroneiki variety olives from Pteleos, in Magnesia prefecture, Greece.
Origin: Pteleos, Magnesia, GR
Variety: Amfisis – Olea Europea
Harvest: By Hand
Age of olive trees: Centuries old
Pour on a slice of bread or rusk, with tomato paste, creamy feta cheese and wild oregano, like our grandfathers did for their morning snack! You can drizzle over any of your favorite salads, add over a freshly grilled fish, use as ingredient in your pasta sauces and on your marinades. Toss with quinoa, avocado, sundried tomatoes, basil & fresh garlic and add protein & cheese of your choice for a simple, quick and satisfying dish. Use for frying (medium heat) as a heart-healthy alternative to butter or other oils, or add in your pies and pasty snacks.